Synchrotic Interactive Story / Game
After an introduction, the player chooses one of five game characters to partner with. These make up the five paths through the story. The player is also given choices which lead to different paths in the story.
This is still a work in progress. We have completed the Intro and are about three quarters through the first character path which has Victor as a partner.
The illustrations are mainly done in Illustrator. Sometimes I bring them into Photoshop to add texture.
- Victor and Mme Roulade, leader of the resistance, and possible love interest in a bunker hallway.
- Cruisin with Victor - Yeah Victor has a bad-ass ride! Had fun making weird instrument panel for the car.
- Stealing a Car - What you gonna do when you need a ride? You gotta steal it. But first you have to get past henchmen. Had fun with the cars. The henchmen and background are inspired by Winter’s Bone.
- Capital Parking Lot - Hey, we all need a place to park our hot rods. I liked how this one turned out. Note Columbo’s car behind Victor.
- Capital Building - Inspired by the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum across the street from my old apartment in Oak Park.
- Victor Talks up Mme Roulade - Why is the leader of the resistance always wearing an evening gown?
- Take the Wheel - Your turn to drive. This is the car you just hot-wired after kickin henchmen butt!.
- Bunker Exterior - First illustration for the game. It was inspired by Battle Royale. Sometimes character illustrations are reused in different scenes in this game genre.
- Capital Lobby - Victor gabbing on his cell in the capital building as he heads to the elevators.
- Deep Woods - Wait, this was the first illustration. Inspired by Winter’s Bone.
- Boardroom – All the characters gather up for a pow wow..
- Title page with Synchrotic logo