- Work is divided up into mini-galleries of 10-15 pieces. The thumbnails on the homepage entice visitors to explore these galleries. As more galleries are added a tool be available to sort the thumbnails by media or date.
- When I add a new gallery, I post this on social media so most visitors will land inside the newest gallery. After they see a gallery, they are encouraged to look at More Art which brings them to this page.
- A gallery is a series of related images and or videos and a written story. The visitor can swipe through these, forward and back always staying on the same html page. This is a simple interface that stays out of the visitor’s way.
- If the visitor clicks on the social media icons they can Share an image and link to the gallery with their friends and followers. I do this rather than take the visitors to, say my facebook page, to keep them on my site.
- I put an animation at the end of every gallery. This is a reward if the visitor views all the images.
- I noted that many people were only viewing the first image in a gallery so I made the right arrow button bigger and blue and made it bounce a few times to attract the visitors attention.
Visit the site: 3rdeyesite.com/joeart